Monday, January 3, 2011

The mom of a 'Princess Boy' speaks out

I always watch the Today Show when I'm getting ready for work in the morning and eating my Breakfast and this story was SO interesting!

The mom of a 'Princess Boy' speaks out

Cheryl Kilodavis and her son were on the show speaking about how her 5 year old son likes to wear Princess dresses and her struggle with accepting it. She eventually wrote the book 'My Princess Boy' and found that A LOT of mothers were having the same issue.

I think this book sends out a great message about individuality and accepting people for who they are. With all the bullying and suicides going on, it's so important that people are aware and I think by letting our kids be individuals and accepting them, it will build confidence and they'll be able to handle bullying at school in a different way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment