Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Here's to 2010

I've been thinking about doing a New Years post and talking about 2010 and what I learned and then I saw this: It pretty much sums up everything :)


1. What did you do in 2010 that you’d never done before? Moved to a new State
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year? I didn't make any resolutions in 2009. My resolutions for this year are to speak more kindly of other people and not give into gossip, to save money (how much will be determined after Olivia is born), and to get back into my pre-preggo jeans!!
3. Did anyone close to you give birth? My little sister gave birth to a beautiful baby girl.
4. Did anyone close to you die? Nope
5. What countries did you visit? North America. That is all.
6. What would you like to have in 2011 that you didn’t have in 2010? A REAL vacation
7. What dates from 2010 will be etched upon your memory, and why? The day I found out my sister was having her baby, the day she had her baby, and the day I found out I was pregnant.
8. What was your biggest achievement of this year? Learning to let other people help me out. I've always been super independent, but a lot of things happened this past year that humbled me and showed me that I can't always do everything by myself and that's okay.
9. What was your biggest failure? Nothing. I learned from every mistake and they made me stronger.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury? Morning sickness
11. What was the best thing you bought? A tanning pass. (that's the last year I'll be able to say that)
12. Whose behavior merited celebration? My dad's. This was a REALLY tough year for my family and he always stayed optimistic and made sure that everyone was taken care of. I don't know how I would have gotten through the year without him.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? I would rather not share that one.
14. Where did most your money go? Towards bills :(
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? My niece and my apartment
16. What song will always remind you of 2010? 'I like it' by Enrique and 'California Girls' by Katy Perry
17. Compared to this time last year, are you: a) happier or sadder? b) thinner or fatter? c) richer or poorer?
            a. Happier, but in a different way.
            b. Preggoer??
            c. Richer, which is really sad because I'm broke. Haha.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of? Church going
19. What do you wish you’d done less of? Dating stupid guys
20. How did you spend Christmas? With my family, just a nice quiet Christmas.
21. What was your favorite TV program? Pretty Little Liars, and One Tree Hill.
22. What was the best book you read? The last couple books of The Work and The Glory series.
23. What did you want and get? My own place!
24. What did you want and not get? A lot!! Mostly material things like clothes, pedicures, hair colored...
25. What was your favorite film of 2010? The Hangover!
26. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? I spent it with my family turning 23! (Oh, and my mom and sister took me to Sex and the City 2.
27. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? If I would have made more friends.
28. Who did you miss? I miss all of my friends in Utah, my Grandpa, and my Aunt Charlotte.
29. Who was the best new person you met? My Niece!
30. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2010. Wow, I learned SO much!! I learned a lot about humility, I learned about service and compassion, I learned never to say never, I learned how to be happy with a little bit, and to appreciate my family more. I had a ROUGH 2010 but I wouldn't trade it for the World. I learned SO much and grew a ton as a person. I know I can take on anything 2011 brings.

No comments:

Post a Comment